How do I bypass URL on Zscaler?
To allow users to bypass Zscaler Client Connector when they browse to your organization's identity federation URL for authentication, add a custom PAC file to their app profile: In the Zscaler Client Connector Portal, go to App Profiles.
- Go to one of the following pages: Policy > Malware Protection. ...
- Click the Security Exceptions tab.
- In Do Not Scan Content from these URLs, enter the URLs you want to allowlist and click Add Items. You can enter multiple entries by hitting Enter after each entry.
How do I uninstall Zscaler without a password? click Control Panel. select eZ Agent. When you are prompted for a password, enter the uninstall password that was specified in the configuration file.
Block: Select to block access to all sites in the selected URL categories. Allow Override appears when you select Block. Enable this option to allow specific users or groups to access the blocked site. Override Users: Select Any to allow the override to all users, or select up to 4 users.
A whitelist (allowlist) is a cybersecurity strategy that approves a list of email addresses, IP addresses, domain names or applications, while denying all others.
- Open Zscaler Client Connector on the device.
- Tap the More icon.
- Tap the Uninstall option.
San Jose, California-based Zscaler, a provider of cloud-based security solutions, today added new analytics technology to its cloud security suite designed to provide enterprise security teams with real-time visibility into employee Internet activity across web, cloud email, and mobile application platforms.
The password must be at least 8 characters in length, and include at least one uppercase letter, one special character, and one number. To change your password, type a new value in this field.
Zscaler Cloud Proxy
To provide clean, safe, and compliant internet access and a great user experience to all users, on any device or operating system, over any network—no matter where they are—the solution is a cloud-based proxy architecture.
To add a port-based bypass, add the port to the network bypass in the Destination Exclusions field in Zscaler Client Connector profile. You must add the port to the end of the network bypass. For example, to bypass port 80 for the subnet 192.168. 1/24, add 80 to the end of the subnet.
Does Zscaler track user activity?
The Zscaler service does not record or store personal data when you browse the internet. The service only inspects your internet traffic for threats when you are connected to your corporate network or when Zscaler Client Connector is enabled.
- Navigate to Networking > Tunnels > IPSec.
- Select the Zscaler tunnel.
- Click Edit.
- Navigate to page three (of six)
- Add the network to be excluded to the Remote Networks list. Click Exclude.
- Save configuration.
Uniform Resource Locator (URL) filtering is a process that enables organizations to restrict the websites and content that employees can access.
- Go to Administration > Advanced Settings.
- In the Authentication Exemptions section: Exempted URL Categories: Select the URL categories that you want to exempt from cookie authentication. ...
- Click Save and activate the change.
Through URL filtering, you can limit your exposure to liability by managing access to web content based on a site's categorization. The URL Filtering policy consists of rules that you define. When you add a rule, you specify criteria, such as URL categories, users, groups, departments, locations, and time intervals.
To test this in your own environment, you will need to add a URL policy to allow this custom URL category (YouTube Channel - Allowed), assign to the right users or group; then create a rule underneath that one to block YouTube using the 2nd custom URL category (YouTube - Blocked).
To add a URL to the whitelist, in the Add New Whitelist URL section , in the Enter Base URL field type a base URL (in the format scheme://domain:port/ ). Then, click Add. icon. After making changes, click Save.
Complete the following:
- Name: Type in a name for the new category. ...
- URL Super Category: Choose the URL super category this custom category will belong to.
- Administrator Operational Scope: Choose the operational scope for this category.
- Choose > System.
- Select Security > Whitelist.
- Enter the URL or expression you want to allow.
- Choose the Type of expression (see Expression Types below for examples).
- Choose Allow Incoming if you need to allow CORS requests (see below).
- Choose Add.